Abdelmjeed K. Mohamed
Laboratory Specialist, Laboratory Technical Support & Services
Mr. Abdelmjeed Mohamed is currently working as a laboratory specialist at the petroleum engineering department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, KSA. Previously, he worked as a teaching assistant at the petroleum engineering department, University of Khartoum, Sudan. During his master’s study, he was involved as a research and teaching assistant, and he joined two research projects between KFUPM and Well Flow service company in well stimulation and filter-cake removal. He was also an executive member of the Students’ Society of Petroleum Engineers (SSPE) and University of Khartoum Petroleum Engineering Alumni (UoKPEA).
- M.S. in Petroleum engineering [January 2017], King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering [September 2013], University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
- Drilling and completion fluids
- Formation damage
- Well stimulation
- Basfar, S., Mohamed, A., Elkatatny, S., and Al-Majed, A., 2019. A combined barite-ilmenite weighting material to prevent barite sag in water-based drilling fluid. Materials, 12(12), 1–13.
- Abdelmjeed Mohamed, Mohamed Banaafi, Salaheldin Elkatatny, Badr Ba Geri, 2019. Effect of High-Density Water-Based Drilling Fluid on the Mechanical Properties of the Drilled Formation in Horizontal Wells. Paper ARMA-191683 presented at the 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium. New York, USA, 23–26 June.
- Badr Salem Ba Geri, Mohammed Banaafi, Mohamed A. Mahmoud, Shirish Patil, Abdelmjeed Mohamed, Salaheldin M. Elkatatny, 2019. Effect of Arenite, Calcareous, Argillaceous, and Ferruginous Sandstone Cuttings on Filter Cake and Drilling Fluid Properties in Horizontal Wells. Geofluids, volume 2019 (2019).
- Badr Ba Geri., Mohamed Mahmoud, Salaheldin Elkatatny, Shirish Patil, Mohamed Banaafi, Abdelmjeed Mohamed, 2019. Effect of Drill Cuttings Mechanical Properties on Filter Cake Properties and Mud-Filtrate Invasion. Paper ARMA-191662 presented at the 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium. New York, USA, 23–26 June.
- Abdelmjeed Mohamed, Musa Ahmed, Ismail Mohamed, and Moutaz Abdein, 2018. The Performance of the Popular PVT Correlations on Sudanese Crude Oils: A Statistical Study. Paper SPE-192438-MS presented at the SPE Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Annual Technical Symposium and Exhibition. Dammam, Saudi Arabia, 23-26 April.
- Mohamed, A.K., Elkatatny, S.A., Mahmoud, M.A., Shawabkeh, R.A., Al-Majed, A.A., 2017. The Evaluation of Micronized Barite as a Weighting Material for Completing HPHT Wells. Paper SPE-183768-MS presented at the SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference held in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 6–9 March.
- M.A. Abdalla, A. Hassan, A. Abdulraheem, S.M. Elkatatny, A.K. Mohamed. 2018. New Technique to Evaluate the Performance of Hydraulically Fractured Horizontal Well. Paper SPE/IADC 189390 presented at the SPE/IADC Middle East Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 29–31 January.
Awards & Honors
- A full scholarship for a master’s degree at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, KSA [2014-2017]
- Nile Petroleum Co. Prize for Scientific Innovation, Khartoum, Sudan 
- Best graduation project award at Petroleum Eng. Department, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan .