Abdelmjeed K. Mohamed
Laboratory Specialist, Laboratory Technical Support & Services
Mr. Abdelmjeed Mohamed is currently working as a laboratory specialist at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, KSA. Previously, he worked as a teaching assistant at the petroleum engineering department, University of Khartoum, Sudan. During his master’s study, he was involved as a research and teaching assistant and he joined two research projects between KFUPM and WellFlow service company in well stimulation and filter-cake removal. He was also an executive member of the Students’ Society of Petroleum Engineers (SSPE) and University of Khartoum Petroleum Engineering Alumni (UoKPEA).
- M.Sc. in Petroleum engineering [January 2017], King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- B.S. in Petroleum Engineering [September 2013], University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
- Drilling and completion fluids
- Formation damage
- Well stimulation
- A. K. Mohamed, S. A. Elkatatny, M. A. Mahmoud, R. A. Shawabkeh, A. A. Al-Majed. 2017. The Evaluation of Micronized Barite as a Weighting Material for Completing HPHT Wells. Paper SPE-183768-MS presented at the SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference held in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 6–9 March.
- M.A. Abdalla, A. Hassan, A. Abdulraheem, S. M. Elkatatny, A. K. Mohamed. 2018. New Technique to Evaluate the Performance of Hydraulically Fractured Horizontal Well. Paper SPE/IADC 189390 presented at the SPE/IADC Middle East Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 29–31 January.
Awards & Honors
- A full-scholarship for master’s degree at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, KSA [2014-2017]
- Nile Petroleum Co. Prize for Scientific Innovation, Khartoum, Sudan 
- Best graduation project award at Petroleum Eng. Department, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan .