Tel: + 966 (013) 860-1793
Fax: + 966 (013) 860-2595
Location: Bldg. 76 Rm. 2160
Dr. Mohamed Abdelgader Ahmed Yassin
Post-Doc Researcher, Geosciences Department
- Ph.D., Geology (2012-2017) Geosciences Department, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences (CPG), King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- M.S., Geology (2010-2012) Earth Sciences Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- MBA, (2002 – 2005) School of Management Studies, University of Khartoum- Sudan
- B.S., Geology (1997-2002) Department of Geology, Faculty of Science, University of Khartoum- Sudan
- Basins analysis and evolution history including tectono-sequence stratigraphic analysis in rift basins using gravity, seismic, and well data.
- Sedimentology including microfacies analysis from outcrop and core data, electrofacies analysis from well log data, seismic facies and seismic attributes analysis.
- Chemostratigraphic analysis including multivariate statistics to estimate the element: mineral links (the mineralogical affinities of the elements and the control on mineralogy and geochemistry.
- Reservoir characterization (depositional and post-depositional process and its implications on reservoir quality under the sequence stratigraphic framework).
- 3D Geostatistical reservoir modeling including natural fracture modeling (Discrete Fracture Network model)
- Yassin, M.A., Hariri, M.M., Abdullatif, O.M., Korvin, G., Makkawi, M., 2016. Evolution history of transtensional pull-apart, oblique rift basin and its implication on hydrocarbon exploration: A case study from Sufyan Sub-basin, Muglad Basin, Sudan. Mar. Pet. Geol. 79, 282–299.
- Yassin, M.A., Abdullatif, O.M., 2017. Chemostratigraphic and sedimentologic evolution of Wajid Group (Wajid Sandstone): An outcrop analog study from the Cambrian to Permian, SW Saudi Arabia. J. African Earth Sci. 126, 159–175.
- Eltom, H.A., Abdullatif, O.M., Babalola, L.O., Bashari, M.A., Yassin, M.A., Osman, M.S., Abdulraziq, A.M., 2016. Geochemical characterization of the Permian-Triassic transition at outcrop, central Saudi Arabia. J. Pet. Geol. 39, 95–113. doi:10.1111/jpg.12630.
- Eltom, H.A., Abdullatif, O.M., Babalola, L.O., Bashari, M.A., Yassin, M.A., Osman, M.S., Abdulraziq, A.M., 2016. Integration of facies architecture, ooid granulometry and morphology for prediction of reservoir quality, Lower Triassic Khuff Formation, Saudi Arabia. Journal of Petroleum Geosciences.
- Eltom, H., Abdullatif, O., Makkawi, M.A., Yassin, M.A., 2013. Integration of spectral gamma-ray and geochemical analyses for the characterization of the upper Jurassic Arab-D carbonate reservoir: outcrop analogue approach, central Saudi Arabia. Journal of Petroleum Geosciences.
- Sedimentology and Reservoir Characteristics of Early Cretaceous Fluvio-Deltaic and Lacustrine Deposits, Upper Abu Gabra Formation, Sufyan Sub-basin, Muglad Basin, Sudan. Conference, European Geosciences Union (EGU) to be held in Vienna, Austria, 23–28 April 2017.
- Depositional systems, Sequence Stratigraphic Pattern, and their Controls: A case study from Fluvio-Deltaic and Lacustrine systems in Sufyan Sub-Basin, Muglad Rift Basin, Sudan. Conference, Vienna, Austria, Vol. 18, EGU2016-7107, 2016.
- Modeling Naturally Fractured Basement Reservoir: A case Study from Melut Rift Basin, Southeast Sudan. AAPG International Conference & Exhibition in Istanbul, Turkey, 14-17 September 2014.
- Geological Modeling of Fractured Carbonate reservoirs: Outcrop Analog from Khuff Carbonate Rocks in Saudi Arabia. 30th IAS Meeting of Sedimentology, Manchester, UK 2013.
- Characterization of Fractured Basement Reservoir, Melut Basin, Southeast Sudan. AAPG 2013 Annual Convention and Exhibition, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Fracture Modeling using outcrop scale measurements for Rus Formation (EOCENE), Dammam Dome, Eastern Saudi Arabia. Poster presentation at the AAPG 2012 International Conference & Exhibition in Singapore.