Tel: +966 (013) 860-2620 / 4002
Fax: +966 (013) 860-2595
Location: Bldg. 76, Rm. 2248
Dr. Abdulaziz Al-Shaibani
Chairman/Associate Professor, Geosciences Department
- Ph.D., Geology, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA, 1999.
- M.Sc., Geophysics, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA, 1994.
- B.Sc., Summa Cum Laude, Geophysics. KFUPM, KSA, 1987.
- Groundwater Modeling
- Water Resources Evaluation
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Benaafi M., Hariri M., Abdullatif O, Makkawi M., and Al-Shaibani, 2017. Analysis of Lineaments within the Wajid Group, SW Saudi Arabia, and their Tectonic Significance. Arab J Geosci 10: 106, Published online: 1 March 2017.
- Benaafi, M., Hariri, M., Abdullatif, O., Al-Shaibani, A., & Makkawi, M. 2016. Integrative Study of Sedimentological and Geomechanical Properties of Wajid Group Sandstone, SW Saudi Arabia. In EAGE/SPE Workshop on Integrated Geomechanics in Exploration and Production.
- Farahat, El-Askary, Al-Shaibani, 2016. Aerosols’ Dynamics over Saudi Arabia using Space-borne and Ground-based Remote Sensing Measurements. Proceedings, the International Remote Sensing Conference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. January 17-20, 2016.
- Kedir, A., Tawabini, A. Al-Shaibani, A. Bukhari. 2015. Treatment of water contaminated with methyl tertiary butyl ether using UV/chlorine advanced oxidation process. Desalination and Water Treatment. DOI: 10.1080.
- Farahat, A., El-Askary, H and A Al-Shaibani, 2015. Study of Aerosols’ Characteristics and Dynamics over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Using a Multisensor Approach Combined with Ground Observations. Advances in Meteorology, Volume 2015, Article ID 247531, 12 pages.
- Farahat, El-Askary, Al-Shaibani, and Hariri, 2015. Analysis of the Impact of Major Dust Events on the Aerosols Characteristics over Saudi Arabia. EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts, volume 17, Vienna, Austria, April 2015.
- Al-Shaibani and Loughland, 2014. Sabkha Eco-system, in Abdulkader, Qurban, and Loughland, editors, Ecosystems of the Western Arabian Gulf: 40 years of Marine Research, A Book for Managers, Planners, and Researchers.
- Farahat, A., El-Askary, H and A Al-Shaibani “Analysis of Aerosols Climatology over Saudi Provinces Based on Satellites and Ground Stations Data”, American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, December 15-19, 2014.
- Tawabini, B and A. Al-Shaibani, 2014. Potential Environmental Impacts of Disposing Drilling Wastes in Pits Constructed in Sabkha Deposits: A Case Study. AAPG International Conference and Exhibition, Istanbul, Turkey. September 14-17, 2014.
- Farhat, A; H. El-Askary; Al-Shaibani, A; and Dogan, 2014. Aerosols and water vapor dynamics over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; EGU General Assembly, Vienna.
- Al-Shaibani, AM 2013. Economic potential of Sabkha Jayb Uwayyid, Eastern Saudi Arabia, Arabian Journal of Geosciences. Volume 6, Issue 7, pp 2607-2618
- Al-Shuhail, AA, and Al-Shaibani, AM, 2013. Characterization of Sabkha Jayb Uwayyid, eastern Saudi Arabia using seismic refraction profiling, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Volume 6, Issue 3, pp 845-855.
- Iwalewa, Makkawi, Elamin and AM Al-Shaibani, 2013. Groundwater Management Case Study, Eastern Saudi Arabia: Part I – Flow Simulation. European Journal of Scientific Research Volume 109 No 4, 633-649.
- Iwalewa, Makkawi, Elamin and AM Al-Shaibani, 2013. Groundwater Management Case Study, Eastern Saudi Arabia: Part II – Solute Transport Simulation and Hydrochemistry. European Journal of Scientific Research Volume 109 No 4, 650-667.
- Tawabini BS, Al-Shaibani AM, 2012. A pilot study on the removal of MTBE from contaminated groundwater by advanced oxidation processes, Final Report.
- Iwalewa T, M. Makkawi, A. Elamin and A. Al-Shaibani, 2011, The use of numerical simulation as a planning tool for solving long-term groundwater management problem in a rapidly growing urban center, International Journal of Arts & Sciences conference for academic disciplines, Rome, October 31 to November 3, 2011
- Iwalewa T, M Makkawi, A Elamin and A Al-Shaibani, 2011, Groundwater management approach in an arid urban center using numerical simulation – a case study of KFUPM campus, Second UNESCO-UC Irvine International Conference on Groundwater Resources Management, University of California, Irvine, United States, November 30 to December 3, 2011
- Al-Shaibani, 2011. Hydrogeology and Economic Importance of Inland and Coastal Sabkhat of Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia, FINAL REPORT KACST project 26-83.
- AlSadeq RH, Tawabini BS, Makkawi MH, and Al-Shaibani, AM 2011 Assessment of Groundwater Quality in Tarout Island, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia, 9th meeting of the Saudi Society of Geosciences, April 9-12, Riyadh
- SanLinn I. Kaka, A. Al-Shuhail, and A. M. Al-Shaibani, 2009. Hands-On Teaching through a Student Senior Project in Geophysics at KFUPM. Geological Society of America, Portland, OR, October, 2009.
- Hussain, M., Al-Ramadan, K., and Al-Shaibani, A. 2009. Geomorphological Features and Sedimentological Characteristics of Coastal and Inland Sabkhas: Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia. 27th IAS Meeting of Sedimentology, Alghero, Italy, 20-23 September 2009.
- Al-Shuhail, A.A., and Al-Shaibani, A.M., Seismic investigation of two coastal sabkhas, Eastern Saudi Arabia: Journal of Seismic Exploration, Volume: 18 Issue: 4 Pages: 329-345
- Al-Shaibani, A., 2009. Water Resources in Saudi Arabia and Impacts of Mining Activities on Water Resources. International Forum and Exhibition on Mineral exploration, Investments, and Applications. Jeddah, January, 2009.
- Al Zawad, F., Abderrahman, W., and Al-Shaibani, A. 2008. Impacts of Climate Change on Water Resources in Saudi Arabia. The 3rd International Conference on Water Resources and Arid Environments (2008), Riyadh. 16-19 November, 2008.
- Al-Shaibani, A. Hydrogeology and hydrochemistry of a shallow alluvial aquifer, western Saudi Arabia, Hydrogeology Journal, 16:155-165
- Hussain, Hariri M., and Al-Shaibani. Dolomitization of the Eocene Rus Formation, Dammam Dome, Eastern Saudi Arabia–An Example of Mixed-Water/reflux Model of Dolomitization in a Mudflat/Lacustrine Environment. 2008 Joint Meeting of The Geological Society of America, Soil Science Society of America, American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies with the Gulf Coast Section of SEPM, Houston, Texas, October 2008.
- Hussain, A. Al-Shaibani, N. Khandaker, 2007. Carbonate Cements and Hydrogeology of the Al-Ukair Coastlines, Southern Shorelines of the Arabian Gulf: A Scanning Electron Microscopic Study. Geological Society of America annual meeting, Denver.
- Al-Shaibani, A., J. Lloyd, A. Abokhodair, and A. Al-Ahmari. A Hydrogeological and Quantitative Groundwater Assessment of The Basaltic Aquifer, Northern Harrat Rahat, Saudi Arabia. Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research, 25 (1/2): 39-49
- Al-Shaibani, A., H. Al-Utaibi, and M. Al-Dhafiri. Risk Assessment evaluation of groundwater contamination at some oil installations in Saudi Arabia, EnviroArabia conference, Bahrain, April, 2007.
- Al-Shaibani, A. 2006. Water Conservation, Protection improves groundwater quality in an alluvial aquifer, Taif, Saudi Arabia. Arab Water World Magazine, vol XXX-October 2006, p. 20-22.
- Al-Shaibani, A. and A. Ali, 2005. Saudi Water Net – A pilot study for making water resources information Internet GIS available. First Saudi GIS conference, Khobar, November, 2005.
- Al-Shaibani, A. 2004. “Influence of Wastewater Projects and Poultry Farms on Groundwater Quality in Wadi Al-Arj, Taif” Final Report, Project SABIC 2001-7, 8/2004, pp. 154.
- Al-Shaibani, A. and M. Shareef, “Hydrogeology Chapter of the final report on EIA of Seismic operations in concession area CV3, Rub Al-Khali” RI project CEW-2283, June, 2004.
- Al-Shaibani, A. and M. Shareef, “Hydrogeology Chapter of the final report on EIA of Seismic Operations in SSG Contract Area in Rub Al-Khali Desert of Saudi Arabia. RI project CEW-2289. Sept, 2004.
- Al-Shaibani, A., M. J. Raza, M. Hariri, and M. Makkawi. “Groundwater Quality Evaluation and Vulnerability Assessment of the Alluvium Aquifer in Wadi Al-Arj, Taif Using DRASTIC Method”. 2nd Saudi Science Conference, KAAU, Jeddah, March, 2004.
- Al-Shaibani, A., and Md. J. Raza, 2004. “Influence of Waste Water Projects on Groundwater Quality in a Shallow Aquifer”, proceedings, 4th Specialty Conference on Environmental Progress in the Petroleum and Petrochemical Industries, Bahrain, Feb, 2004.
- Al-Shaibani, A. 2003. Saudi WaterNet: A Searchable Web-based Database on Water Resources of Saudi Arabia. Proceedings, 6th gulf water conference in concurrence with the 2nd symposium on water use conversation in Saudi Arabia, March 2003, Riyadh.
- Al-Shaibani, A. Lava Fields as potential groundwater resources in western Saudi Arabia- A case study of northern Harrat Rahat. Proceedings, the international conference on water resources management in arid regions, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait.
- Hariri, A. Al-Shaibani and A. Qahwash, 2001. Possible factors affecting the Students learning at KFUPM, Results of students’ random survey. Presented at Student Learning at KFUPM: Challenges and Opportunities Symposium. March 2001.
- Al-Shaibani, A. Estimating Direct Recharge from Precipitation and Irrigation to Shallow Water Table Aquifers Using Water Budget Method. Proceedings of First Saudi Science Conference, Dhahran.
- Al-Shaibani, A. 1999. Postaudit of Jilh aquifer model for Hawtah Field. A technical report for Groundwater Division, Saudi Aramco.